The software allows you to recover messages cleared from the "Trash" folder or lost due to various reasons such as power failure, hardware malfunction, virus attacks, delete partition and so on.
Main features list:
- recoveryng of deleted emails wiped from the "Trash" folder
- extract messages from formatted hard disk or deleted partition
- restore e-mail data after Windows reinstall
- attached files recovery
- compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- compatible with all versions of Zimbra Desktop
- no special requirements
Important: The program reads Zimbra Desktop database files, but neither modifies nor makes any records in the source file.
To recover Zimbra Desktop messages:
- Download and install Recovery Tool for Zimbra Desktop
- Scan your hard disk
- Save the found messages to another hard disk or flash drive
- Import the saved messages back to Zimbra Desktop
Detailed description of each step
- Start Recovery Tool for Zimbra Desktop
- To scan the hard disk press the "Find and recover lost emails" toolbar button, then select the necessary disk letter (usually C:) and press the "Scan!" button
- After the scan is over, the program will display the list of the found messages. You need to select the items you would like to recover. You can select all items (press Ctrl+A for this) or some.
- To save the found messages press the "Save recovered emails" toolbar button. Click on the "Save recovered messages in Zimbra Import file format", select the destination folder and file name (do not select a folder on your C: drive!) and press the "Save" button.
- To import restored emails to Zimbra Desktop start Zimbra Desktop and click on "Preferences" tab. Click on "Import/Export" item under the email account in which you want to import messages. Then click on the "Choose file" button and select your file with the recovered messages. Keep the "Destination: All Folders" unchanged. Press the "Import" button.
- Messages will be imported to the "RecoveredMessages" folder. You can browse and sort the emails in that folder any way you like. Using drag&drop, you can move the messages from the "RecoveredMessages" folder to other folders where you want to have them stored. When you are done, simply delete the "RecoveredMessages" folder.